Please fill out either document, sign and have returned with your Cadet on Friday at G20
Document ( PDF \ WORD ) content as shown below
PERMISSION SLIP / ADVISORY NOTICE –
FIELD TRAINING EXERCISES
NOTICE TO PARENTS:
An FTX consists of a 2-3 day aircrew survival, leadership and team-building training activity which compliments their level training. Cadets in attendance are solely responsible for their own equipment and personal belongings. Cadets may bring their own tents and sleeping bags however, shelters/tents/sleeping bags will be available for use. Meals will be Military Rations, supplemented with fresh food, such as fruit.
FRIDAY 1715: All cadets attending will assemble at the Local Headquarters (LHQ) for kit inspection. They will then depart for the exercise area via provided transportation
1730: Transport is scheduled to depart
SUNDAY 1430: Transport returns to the LHQ. Cadets will be required to help off load the bus and store equipment before departing. If we are scheduled to arrive early or late, your cadet will use a phone to notify you once we are able.
Cellular Service is available at the Training Site
Captain Victoria Schrauwen 250-306-0121
OCdt Trevor Rossner 250-558-9489
Squadron Cell Phone 250-309-9490
223 RED LION SQUADRON
ROYAL CANADIAN AIR CADETS
PERMISSION SLIP for FTX
I, the undersigned Parent/Guardian of:
Rank: __________________ NAME: _____________________________________
Hereby grant permission for him/her to attend the FTX.
I further grant permission for any emergency medical or dental treatment deemed necessary by the squadron officers.
Parent or Guardian Signature _______________________________________
Cadet’s B.C. MEDICAL NUMBER. ________________________________.
Parent/Guardian’s telephone numbers in case of emergency:
APPROVED KIT LIST:
- Outdoor pants 2 pair (NO JEANS) .
- Shirts: 2 light 1 heavy
- Long Underwear.
- Jacket – winter/waterproof
- Tilley/Ball Cap/Toque – Head dress to be worn at all times
- Extra underwear and socks (4 pair)
- Hiking boots/winter boots/combat boots or running shoes
- Rain gear or poncho
- Hand towel, wash cloth & toiletries
- Insulated cup for hot/cold beverages
- Small note pad and pen(s)
*Dress in layers in case you get too hot
- Combat clothing
- One hatchet
- One utility knife (see restriction below)
- Cold weather sleeping bag and air mattress
- RAMBO STYLE KNIFES OR ANY KNIFE OVER 8”
- ALCOHOL .
- PELLET GUNS, SLINGSHOTS, DARTS
- FIRECRACKERS OR FIREWORKS
- ELECTRONIC DEVICES OR PORTABLE VIDEO GAMES